Sports Models are everywhere in Advertising
The Health and Fitness Industry is booming .. millions of health related products sold each year .
The need for Healthy Models and Athletes is great.
Models are booked for health magazines, fitness magazines.
There is a lot of competition with professional athletes, professional body builders and fitness instructors.
You have to stay on your game and be in top physical condition to be a sports model.
Healthy living and eating and proper rest are key to stay in the sports models arena.
Photo Credit: dreamstime.com
Requirements for Fitness and Sports Models
Woman Fitness Model Interview with Ny Model Francesca - sports model
- Height for women ranges between 5'5 to 6'ft.
- Height for guys ranges between 5'10 and 6'3 and up for professional athletes.
- A healthy well toned , tight body is vital, as is healthy smooth skin, clear eyes and lots of smiles.
- You have to look happy to be in such good physical condition.
- Drink plenty of water and be ready for physical activity - running, playing sports, lifting weights, jumping rope, climbing , and expect to be able to do a photo shot over and over so pace yourself so you don't get exhausted.
How to submit photographs to agencies for fitness and sports modeling
Polaroids work great in this field as the agent can see up to the minute body tone.
Photos should show off legs, stomach, arms, all very strong body parts. Many sports models also do the modeling work for parts modeling.
One photo with a great smile, action shots always work well too if you want to send an extra photograph.
What to expect
With the health and fitness industry only getting stronger .. with more people looking to natural health - there is much work in this field.
Bookings can include ads for supplement companies, vitamins, skin care products, sporting equipment, promoting health in general, magazine, print, tv , tv commercials.
The age in this field is also not as important as the age group for sales of products is also older, people want to see age recognition in the models in the ads.
Remember to smile and have fun !
Agencies and Resources for Sports Models
(626) 292-2200 USA
(305) 633-5353 Florida
(888) 770-9000 Canada
+01 626 292 2200 International
Z Productions, Inc.
P.O. Box 3732
Saint Petersburg, FL
sports and fitness models
Ms. Fitness® Modeling Agency
Impact Models and Entertainment
6000 S. Eastern Avenue, #3A
Las Vegas, NV 89119
fax (702) 319-3002
Beauti-Fit talent Agency
277 Closter Dock Rd Ste 2
Closter, NJ 07624-2445
Maximum Talent Agency
1873 S. Bellaire St., Suite 915
Denver, CO 80222
sports models, fitness models
PO Box 7529 FDR Station
NY, Ny 10150
phone: 212 7446123
The Sports Book
1688 Meridian Ave suite 500
Miami Beach, Fl 33139
phone: 305 5314005
5 Fitness and Nutrition Tips That Will Sky Rocket Your Modeling Career! -By Lynn VanDyke, Master Trainer and Creator of Melt-The-Fat.com.
Lynn VanDyke is well-known in the fitness industry. She is one of the top personal trainers and her widely popular ebook, Melt the Fat, has sold loads of copies worldwide.
We recently had the opportunity to chat with Lynn about her views on modeling, fitness and nutrition. What she told us was simply amazing. It was one of the best no non-sense approaches to health and fat loss we have ever heard.
Within 5 minutes of listening to Lynn speak, it was evident- she is an expert. Here are the 5 tips that Lynn recommended to us. Using one or all 5 of these tips can really take your modeling career to the next level.
- Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. The first meal should be eaten within an hour after waking and each meal thereafter should be 2-3 hours apart. Each meal should contain a protein and a carb.
Sample protein and carb meals include: salad with mandarin oranges and raspberry vinaigrette dressing topped with chicken slices, cottage cheese and blueberries, whole wheat wrap with black bean spread and chicken slices, sweet potato and turkey, oatmeal and egg whites, or veggie medley and tofu.
- Drink a cup of water at each meal. It is also healthy to drink herbal teas or a bit of green/white/red/black teas. It is best to avoid soda, lemonade, coffee, energy drinks, juices and other processed, high sugar beverages.
- Get your rest! Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. It is also best to take at least 48 hours of rest between strength training the same muscles and taking 1-2 days off from exercising per week.
- Resting is not a sign of laziness. It is a sign of a competent and educated exerciser. Overtraining is a serious concern that everyone must be cautious of. Rest your muscles and your mind. You will reap more rewards!
- Cardio should be done at different intensity levels and different session lengths. Consider doing a low intensity/long session, a high intensity/short session and a few medium intensity/medium length sessions. Always start your cardio routine with a warm up and gradually work into higher intensities.
- Look into interval training. Interval training has been very effective at burning fat and it helps diminish the boredom factor.
- Strength train each muscle 1-3 times per week. You should lift a proper weight and perform the proper amount of sets/reps for your strength training method. Always focus on lifter a lighter weight when first starting out. Focus on form and posture. As your confidence increases, begin to work with heavier weights.
Women should also lift heavier weights. It is very hard for women to bulk up and gain massive muscle. To be toned model, lifting heavier weights is one of the secrets to success.
Combining these 5 fitness and nutrition tips will yield a healthier and happier individual. Whether you are a model walking down the runway, one of the successful sports models or an accountant sitting behind a desk, the success of your career and your life starts with your health.
Wow! We are grateful to Lynn for sharing with us this awesome information !
"Finally! An Elite Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutritionist Tells You EXACTLY How to Feel Amazing About Your Body!"